Monday, April 17, 2006

Gnomes, polkas and a glowing dino

It must be spring - the gnomes are out. and isn't he cute?


Spike and I went out too. We checked out last year's plants...

... stalked the neighbor's kid...

... and did a little necessary spring hair removal.


On the way home from work tonight I listened to my friends' polka band, Twin Cities Soundz. I liked the music, but it's hard to sing along to the Polish parts when you don't actually know any Polish. ;)

I just mailed a postcard to Poland too! Check it out - www.postcrossing.com

I was going to take some pictures of my family on Easter but my battery died! I did get a picture of this, though:

I was laying there in bed in my parents' basement and I noticed the glow-in-the-dark Tyrannosaurus Rex was still on the ceiling. I just had to take a picture. I stuck that dino there almost exactly 11 years ago. I was always surprised that my brother didn't take it down - he must have noticed it since I stuck it right above his head. It made me smile to see it was still there.

He needs to be dusted though. obviously.

I fell asleep that night singing a song we learned in Mrs. Oberg's 1st grade dinosaur unit. "Tyrannosaurus Rex was a very mean king, if it wasn't for him there'd be a happy ending!" (or at least that's how I remember it. It was a long time ago.)

No comments: