Monday, June 11, 2007

Print O' the Wave Swatch #1

A bit o' knitting...
I am being good for once and blogging about what I'm knitting so I'll have a record of it. Most of the time I just go at it and never write anything down so two years later I have no idea what I did and why it looks so different than the one pictured in the pattern. Well, either that or I leave pages and pages of cryptic notes with lots of math and no idea which version of the math I used. (For someone who never really liked math, I sure do a lot of it lately!)



Print O' the Wave Swatch #1
Pattern: Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave stole
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Midnight (lace weight)
Needles: Size 4 Clover straights
Conclusion: Too holey! I don't know if it's the needle size or if I just blocked the crap out of it. I'm going to have to get some size 3's and see if that's better.



I couldn't really find a good description of the color of this yarn online. There was a picture, but it just looked dark on both my monitor at home and at work. I was really surprised by how green it was in real life. Since the color is called Midnight, I figured it would be black or charcoal or navy. maybe even purple. but I wouldn't have guessed green.

I'll have to see if I can find a yarn store open after 6 sometime this week.* I think I'm going to try to find the Adi lace needles - I'm looking for something pointy and slightly grippy. They sound like they might be it. I thought about swatching on some size 2 Addi Turbos I have, but I really don't like them - they're so slippery and so dull I have a hard time just getting the tip of the needle in the right loop. I'm not even sure I could do a k3tog with them.


*why are yarn stores only open after 6 one night per week? I don't get it. It's expensive to shop there, but they're not actually open when most working people are not at work. So, you can work and make money to buy yarn, but they won't let you in the shop. grrr.


A bit o' work...
I found this in the document I'm editing today (all 62 pages of it!):

These facts, while impressive, could not be accomplished without your diligence and hard work.
This sentence is just wrong on so many levels. It just doesn't work. It doesn't even make sense! Since when are facts accomplished by hard work? They're facts - they just are. And don't you expect something negative after "These facts, while impressive..."? It's like saying "These facts are impressive, but..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that sentence needs some work. Your fact showed hard work and was impressive.