Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting things done... and little red socks

You know how I always have about 50 projects going on at one time? I have decided that is Not A Good Idea. I have a tendency to have lots of good ideas. Then I make plans (and sometimes buy supplies, because that is one of the most fun parts of doing things). Then I start the project. Then halfway through I have another great idea I need to start planning for right now. I decided to set a few goals for this week in an attempt to keep up with stuff.

  1. Stay on top of the dirty dishes. I usually only eat one meal a day at home and I rarely cook anything anymore so I don't need to run the dishwasher that often. Somehow I have gotten into the habit of never emptying the dishwasher. I just keep taking clean dishes out of it as I need them. But then there's no place for the dirty dishes, so they get piled up in the sink or on top of the counter. So this week I am going to empty and fill as I go. So far, so good. There's also an unexpected benefit - if the sink is empty I can put the whole watering can in it. This is great because I don't have an outside faucet and I do have a lot of plants this year. My watering can is big and it's a lot easier to just plunk the whole thing in the sink and turn on the faucet on full force than it is to fill up a smaller container 50 times and pour it in to the watering can. This year I need to fill the watering can twice to have enough water. (yeah, maybe I went overboard on the plants this year. I still want a hibiscus plant too.)
  2. I need to finish up some knitting projects before I start new ones. I've finished the little red socks I started way back when it was really cold out. Next up is the half complete striped baby sweater (baby is due any day now). After that I'm going to complete my Mariah sweater by adding buttons and button loops. I'm sure there are other things I need to finish, but these are the things I really wanted or needed to get done. Then I can move on to new projects - the Print O' the Wave Stole and some colorful socks.

Little red socks
Pattern: none, really. Top down.
Yarn: Paton's Grace
Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbos


With Spike for scale

No comments: