Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finished Bunny Blankie

Pattern: Bunny Blanket Buddy free pattern from Lion Brand
Yarn: 2 balls Lion Brand VelvetSpun in yellow.
Mods: None! I followed this pattern to the letter, needle size and all!

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. It's cuter than I thought it would be. I'm going to make a matching hat with what is left of the second ball following the hat pattern on the yarn label. The hat's got a knotted I cord at the top so it matches. I've got my fingers crossed that I've got enough yarn for the hat.

This pattern showed up in my email on Friday and I thought it would be a good one to try. It's fast, cute, relatively inexpensive and there are no sizing issues to worry about. Since everyone I know seems to be having babies lately, I might be making a bunch of these!

This is Spike's ideal weekend on the couch. Everything's there: the cheesy book, a "women's" magazine (Spike's particularly interested in the articles about insider beauty secrets and Drew Barrymore), the tv remote control, the keyboard, the sun shining in the window, and, best of all, the kitty cloning supplies (see all that grey yarn? We're going to create our own army of cuddly furballs!).

The coolest cat I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jax must have a bunny blanket! hint, hint......That is the cutest thing!