Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I finished the Inspector Lynley mystery the other day and decided to go in a differant direction with my next book becasue I'M TIRED OF READING DEPRESSING BOOKS WHERE PEOPLE DIE AND NO ONE IS HAPPY AND PEOPLE GET BEHEADED AND EVERYTHING GOES WRONG AND THE BAD GUY GETS CAUGHT ONLY WHEN SOMEONE RAMS A CAR INTO HIM. As you can imagine, after a while that's not fun anymore.

Twelve Sharp - Janet Evanovitch

This must be a particularly short Stephanie Plum book - I started and finished the whole thing within 24 hours (although that may also be because I've been waking up at 4:45 every other morning). I was kind of disapointed with this book. The mystery wasn't that mysterious, the characters said and did the same exact things they always do, and it wasn't as funny as I remember these books being. Twelve Sharp reminded me of the one and only Evanovitch book I've read outside of the Stephanie Plum - and that book was pretty bad. I hope Stephanie Plum isn't headed in that direction.

Last night I started the next Jane Austen mystery - Jane and the Barque of Frailty - Stephanie Barron. So far, so good.

crud - spellcheck isn't working. sorry.

No comments: