Wednesday, June 28, 2006


I got my invite to the new Picasa Web Album thing Google has so I just set up my first album. Go check it out: http://picasaweb.google.com/spikeandi

I also downloaded and used the Picasa software for the first time too. And it was fun. Probably too much fun. So here's the process:

  • Import your pictures into the Picasa software (on your computer)
  • Edit your photos, add captions and tags, save in folders
  • Click on the "Web Albums" button to upload your pictures to Picasa Web Albums
  • Send the link to other people so they can all look at your pics and tell you how fantastic they are

So what are you waiting for? Go! (and yes, tell me how fantastic my pictures are ;) )

I have a couple issues with the Web Albums part of it though. You can add tags to pictures in Picasa, but they don't seem to be used for anything in the Web Albums. 250 mb is pretty small for total storage space. and hello - there's no search function. Come on - no search? you're Google, of all people. how am I supposed to find pictures of other people's cats without searching and tags? And most importantly, how are other people going to find pictures of Spike?!?

No comments: