Thursday, October 12, 2006

5 weird things

Erin tagged me with a meme, so here goes:

5 weird things about me

  • I've had a ganglion cyst in my left wrist for more than 15 years. I like it - it comes and goes and is squishy. The coolest thing about it - when it's really big I can press a laser pointer to the side of it and the whole cyst glows. I've actually had a second cyst pop up, but the one in my wrist is the most consistent and it's my favorite.
  • Most of the time I'd rather come up with an elaborate plan for something than actually do the thing I created an elaborate plan for. You may know that I knit and crochet a lot lately - I don't think I actually like to knit or crochet. I just the planning that's involved in it.
  • I once scored a 167 in an online IQ test. The internet thinks I'm a genius! and you know, the internet is always right. ;) I took that test one day with a group of guys, one of whom was really excited about his score until I beat him by 30 points. ha! (I love outsmarting guys who think they're smarter than me, even if it's only on scientifically worthless internet tests. I am very good at standardized tests in general though.)
  • I have pretty good hearing. I can often hear people who think I can't hear them. It's great for eavesdropping and picking up gossip. I'm also really good at recognizing voices.
  • I've been to Irish pub-type bars in 5 different countries but I've never been to Ireland. (If you're interested - Ansbach (Germany), Lucerne (Switzerland), Paris, London and, of course, here in the US. (And yes - I've used the bathroom in all of them! you guys should have been able to guess that!))

and now 5 weird things about Spike:

  • His favorite food of all time is potatoes: McDonalds french fries, potato chips, lefse and, his ultimate favorite - mashed potatoes with meatballs and gravy all mixed together. He also will beg for chicken, Whiskas Choice Cuts, milk, cheese, ice cream and Cheetos (he likes to lick the orange power off them!).
  • He likes to play and be petted while laying on the stairs with his head hanging over the edge.
  • He will only drink water from a drinking glass. He absolutely refuses to drink from a bowl and would rather go for days without water than drink from a bowl. (You can see it in the background of this picture.)
  • His favorite place to sleep is anywhere on top of me. On my lap, in my arms, curled up on top of me under the covers in bed, even on top of my feet once while I stood in the kitchen and talked on the phone.
  • He's very vocal and will have a "conversation" with me. He will also call for me if he thinks I'm home but in a different room. When I reply to him he'll come running to find me and then reprimands me for leaving him alone in the first place.
  • bonus Spike fact - I think he likes being called "fluffybutt"!

Let's see... who can I tag... (you know what's coming here, right?) Todd - you're it - let's hear 5 weird things about Todd.

No comments: