Friday, October 26, 2007

An offer I can't refuse

I just got an exciting email. A very exciting email. I've been offered a window cube.

A window cube! YES!

Now I know that probably doesn't seem that exciting to you guys, but these window cubes are highly coveted here at work. Back at our old building, when we were talking about moving, there were a lot of really pissed off people. Management made the mistake of posting a map of where people would be sitting in the new building. There was a lot of talk about who should get a window cube - should they assign cubes by seniority? or by position? or just group people together by department? Oddly enough, the admin woman who helped create the map got the best window cube. (How did that happen, hmmm?) Incidentally, I had one of the worst cubes in our old building - I was in the darkest corner imaginable with the mailboxes, hallway, freight elevator and kitchen on the other side of the cloth cube divider. It was sooo loud there. Although I did enjoy hearing all that gossip.

I have a nice cube here now - I'm on the end of the room so there's a conference room behind me instead of more cubes. But it's also kind of noisy with people coming and going to meetings all day. I don't know if it will be much quieter in my new cube, but the view will be much better. Right now I see the hallway and the kitchen. From the window cube I'll get a floor-to-ceiling view of the St. Paul Cathedral, the James J Hill house, the Summit neighborhood, winter sunsets, and, on a clear day, the skyscrapers in downtown Minneapolis. Plus I'll get direct sunlight most afternoons (hello dark tropical tan! ha ha - who's going to be making fun of me for keeping sunscreen in my desk now, huh?).

And just think of all the weather watching opportunities!

I'm actually kind of excited. lol Now the paperwork better go through ok or I'll be REALLY disappointed.

Pics to come later this afternoon, after everyone else who sits over there has left - they all think I'm strange for taking pictures of things like that. :P

Oooh - crazy knife guy will no longer know where I sit! And he won't be able to leer at me every time he walks around the corner! bonus!

p.s. - I know I haven't blogged in a long time. But I'm still alive. And I have something else really cool to blog about too! :)

No comments: